Saturday, February 12, 2011

Productivity

I really enjoy being productive!  Today has been a wonderfully productive day, which normally doesn't happen on a Saturday.  I woke up early.  Ugh.  That's the thing I hate most about having a job... my body is so used to getting up at 6:00 every morning that it just can't BEAR to sleep past 7:30.  So, I got on up, finished my menu for the next two weeks, then headed out to go take care of some study abroad stuff.  I had to get new passport pictures and send off my name change form since I haven't changed it on my passport yet.  Then I had to take care of some paying for the trip fun stuff (sarcasm!) and then went to the grocery store.  My goal for the store today was to get out of there with under $100 spent.  I only spent $90.52, and that will last us through the end of February!  After the grocery store, I came home and put it all away, started some laundry, vacuumed, did the dishes, and cleaned off all my countertops.  Sidenote on countertops:  the bad thing about dark countertops (ours are black granite), is that you never realize how nasty they are until you start to clean those suckers!  The rag I was using grossed me out!  I guess the good thing about them is that if I don't see how dirty they are, I guess nobody else does either!  ;)  So, my lesson today is to clean those bad boys more often with some Clorox spray... yuck!

It's menu time again!  I've been a slacker on the blog again... my last post was a menu too, and they only come twice a month!  I'll have to spice life up a little bit so I will have something to talk about!  I don't like the way this little thing posts my nice Excel spreadsheet menu (yes, I am a nerd), so I am just going to type it myself this time.  :)

This Week-- February 14-20
Monday-- Valentine's Day.  I'm not going to post anything about it yet because my sweet husband will read this and it's going to be a surprise!

Tuesday--  Chicken Stir Fry with Egg Rolls (this has been on two menus so far, and keeps getting pushed back!  So it's happening this time, for sure.

Wednesday--  Jambalaya  (Taylor got this from a Cajun catering company here in Marietta and it's been in the freezer for awhile, so we're finally going to eat it)

Thursday--  Taylor has late guitar lessons, so it's going to be eat what you can find night :)

Friday-- BBQ Chicken Sandwiches with Homemade Oven Fries (these sandwiches are so good... I make the meat in the crock pot and it is super easy and delish.  Taylor LOVES them, it's always his request)

Saturday Lunch-- Soft Tacos

Saturday Dinner--  Spicy Honey Mustard Pork with Yellow Rice and Black Eyed Peas

Sunday Lunch--  Open Faced Turkey and Spinach on Garlic Texas Toast

Sunday Dinner--  Breakfast night!  Bacon, Eggs, and Biscuits (maybe some fruit if I make it back to the store)

Next Week-- February 21-28
Monday--  Corn Noodle Casserole with Green Beans

Tuesday-- Tuscan Chicken with Brussels Sprouts and Squash

Wednesday--  Macaroni Grill Chicken with Asparagus

Thursday--  Shepherd's Pie

Friday--  Grilled Shrimp with Cheese Grits

Saturday Lunch--  Turkey Cran Avocado Sandwiches

Saturday Dinner--  Grilled Chicken with Noodles and English Peas

Sunday Lunch--  Sandwich or whatever we have leftover

Sunday Dinner--  Cajun Pasta Fresca

Monday--  Veggie Night!  We have a TON of sides in our pantry and freezer, so I'm going to just cook 3 or 4 of them to try to get rid of them :)  and I saved a little money by not having to buy a meat for this night.

I put hyperlinks on some of my menu items, just in case anything might strike your fancy!  I use allrecipes.com ALL the time!  There are probably a zillion recipes on there so you can find anything you want.  I love it.

Well, I'm going to get back to my productivity now!  More laundry to finish and bathrooms to clean!  What a FUN Saturday night!  Oh, the reason for my alone day is because Taylor is at the MonsterJam.  Yes, he is a redneck for the day.  He even wore his LSU shirt... I laughed in my head :)

No comments:

Post a Comment